11 Ways to Spruce up Your Yard WITHOUT Planting a Thing!
Let’s face it, not all of us are green-thumbed gardening lovers. You still want a nice looking yard without having to plant anything? Here are 11 things you can do to bring colour, personality, and charm to your yard without planting a thing!
1. Stepping Stones. If you choose the right stepping stones, you can transform a humdrum path into an appealing garden feature that does more than just get you from point A to point B.
2. String Lights. Cast a romantic glow on your nights with a string of lights. The subtle, soft illumination encourages relaxation and conversation, and it looks spectacular both close-up and from the street.
3. Sundial. Displaying an attractive sundial in your yard can be both practical and pretty—and it’s also a great conversation starter.
4. Birdbath. Birdbaths come in many shapes, sizes, and styles, and if you don’t find one you like, you can always DIY one to suit your needs. As a bonus, the birds it attracts will bring life, color, and a little entertainment to your yard.
5. Landscape Edging. Decorative edging around your beds will define them and make them visually pop, and it may also make your lawn maintenance a little bit easier.
6. Fountain.A backyard fountain is a feast for the ears as well as the eyes. The soothing sounds of babbling water will bring a sense of peace to your property.
7. Container Plant Arrangement. Display your potted plants in a visually pleasing tableau to give them greater impact. Don’t have any? You can usually find a great variety of pre-planted arrangements at any garden centre.
8. Firepit. A backyard fire pit establishes an attractive focal point and provides a gathering place where you can make precious memories with friends and family.
9. Pergola.The dappled shade of a pergola provides the perfect spot for relaxing on a summer day. This beautiful architectural feature can also help define functional space in your yard.
10. Seating Area. A comfortable, well-placed seating area can serve as the inviting centerpiece for a landscape design. Attractive in every meaning of the word, it’s aesthetically pleasing and draws people toward it.
11. Birdhouse. Birdhouses come in every variety and size imaginable. Mount one on a pole or on the rail of your porch, or hang one in a tree. This is another twofer: You’ll have the beautiful birdhouse and the beautiful birds to boot.
With these tips, you can have a fabulous yard without getting dirty!